MAKE MONEY WRITING GUIDE
Hi Writer in the making!
Thank you for reading my Beginners Guide. I hope this guide will help you learn a few things including finding answers to writers’ most frequently asked questions.
Hopefully, this guide will give you the bigger picture of how to get there at the top as a writer and getting published. Some writers speak English as a second language. That should not stop you from living your dream.
My name is Femia and Zegu is my pen name. I grew up with an unquenchable quest for writing hoping that one day I’d become a published writer.
I am an observant person with an eye for detail. Nothing seems to escape my scrutinising eyes. The irony, though, is I am not gifted in public speaking. I’m more introvert inclined and find complete solace in writing.
Reading novels has been my favourite pastimes since the time I was able to read and write. Besides entertaining, I find novels a genuine source of information.
Coming this far hasn't been easy
It has not been easy for me to live my dream due to a fixed mindset I’ve had for ages that distracted me. Instead of focusing on achieving my goal to make it as a writer, I’ve been preoccupied with thoughts. Negative thoughts that whispered to me, ‘It’s impossible for you to make it. Your dream is sealed. How can you have a breakthrough when you speak English as a second language?’
Had I not shifted this mindset, I would have remained stuck in limbo. The moment I started to focus on my goals with a positive mindset, everything shifted and the jigsaw puzzle began to take a meaningful shape.
Where it all started
I was born and bred in Harare. I briefly worked as a news sub-editor. During my short stint in sub-editing I received in-house training in journalism. Years later, I moved to live in the UK but that did not quench my quest to continue writing and see my work published one day.
How to begin to write?
I know to begin your writing career is the hardest part. I’m 100% convinced that you can make great progress with a pinch of writing advice for beginners. I’m not going to teach you how to write but to encourage you.
If you have a passion or a burning desire to carve your career in the writing niche, then you are home and dry.
What it takes to be a successful writer?
To become a successful writer you need to have a set of skills including good personal qualities. I have been working hard to develop the required skills. One way to develop your writing techniques is to cultivate a broad outlook.
- You can achieve this by reading widely and observing the world around you.
- By combining whatever natural ability you have with expert guidance. To discover where your true talent lies, you need to expose yourself to a broad experience of various kinds of writing that are open to you. Until you have tried diverse types of writing, how will you know where your true interest lies?
This is the reason why I have written on different writing genres here at myownlinescrawl.com.
o Academic Writing
o Writing for Money
o How to Create A Blog
o Writing for Children
o Writing Online
o Writing a Book
o Writing a Song
o Writing News Stories
o Writing In-House Style
New skills acquired
My accomplishments in learning new skills and techniques cover the following.
- I learned how to build a website.
- I learned how to blog for a living.
- I learned how affiliate marketing works.
- I have written a quick-read eBook.
- I speak English as a second language, but I have not allowed it to stand in the way of my progress.
MAKING A WRITER OUT OF YOU
Know when to write and when to stop
This is something you need to decide for yourself. You know when its best to do your writing and when not to write. Some writers are unable to work unless the environment is suitable.
I prefer rising early and write for an hour and a half. All I am saying is that it boils down to your personal preferences and the amount of time you have at your disposal.
How to start to write
The only way I find most effective, is to sit down and get on with it. It is important to just put words on paper to get your brain in the mood and to start functioning. Don’t’ worry about refining your work, as you can do it at a later stage.
There are moments you may find your enthusiasm to write cause you to overdo it. As a result, you become mentally tired and stale. Writer’s block is not something to worry about because there are tried and tested ways to solve it.
- Go for a walk or do some activity you enjoy doing. This will give you mental rest and help you to relax.
- Go and have a browse of catalogues at the library. This works well for writers of fiction and nonfiction. Make notes of things you find interesting. The main thing is to take a break and have some relaxing time.
- If mental block persists, give yourself a break or read your favourite books to get inspiration.
- All writers need some basic equipment. This includes pens, a computer, a notebook, a diary and files for your cuttings.
- A Practical English usage book.
- Writers ‘and Artists’ Yearbook.
- Penguin or Oxford Dictionary.
- Notebooks – as a writer you should carry a notebook wherever you go and write down whenever an idea comes.
- Keeping A Cutting File – keep cuttings of those subjects you have a special interest in. Bookmark articles on the internet you may want to refer to. Be Organised- have a plan of action.
3 things you need to make money blogging
To have made money blogging you should have access to the following:
- Training / Education
- A Website
- Expert Help.
I enrolled for an online course where I built my own website with the help of expert advice and a supportive community. The all-in-one service provider I used is WealthyAffiliate.com.
I can go on and on. I can’t tell you all. Neither can I give you all the reasons to join this awesome training platform.
To fully understand what I’m talking about you need to experience this yourself. We would all love to have YOU with us too!
Want to join me & follow me as part of my network?
You’ll be able to ask me all your questions once inside Wealthy Affiliate. Just look for a welcome message on your profile from a “ZEGU “(my pen name).
From there, you can ask me questions on your profile, my profile, or click on the “Private Message” button on my profile. I am here for you and feel free to message me anytime. I will also be messaging you the BONUSES you’ll get plus the 59% Premium Discount after you set up your new free account!
I look forward to working with you and helping you get started on building your awesome blog!
Founder of Midlifecash.com