Tips for how to create a blog with WordPress
Blogging is becoming trendy. If you want to join the bandwagon its not difficult to start your own blog. To get rolling make sure you have the following ingredients.
- You must have your own niche, which, I’m sure you have found it by now.
- You must have a domain. How can I get a domain? One way is buy your own domain. Alternatively, you can get a free site on a sub-domain. For example, at SiteRubix.
- Find your blog name. At SiteRubix Platform you get to choose your blog theme. For more details checkout Choosing Website Theme.
Choosing a niche and domain name
As I’ve already emphasised, for you to get started choose your niche. And this will be followed by choosing your domain name.
Choose Brandable Domain Name
Make sure you choose a brand-able name that will grow to a brand that draws followers.
The usefulness of a website
- A website is a platform where you create your content.
- A website is a strategic place where you will display your product links for marketing purposes.
- It is also a place where your visitors connect with you.
- Most companies create websites to have an online presence. So it is a tool useful for their success.
WHY CREATE A WEBSITE WITH WORDPRESS?
5 Reasons why WordPress is simply the best
Before I walk you through the steps to create a website with WordPress, I will show you why WordPress is the best.
- WordPress is one of the most trusted and used platforms for Content Management Systems in the world.
- Almost 31% of all websites are run on WordPress which goes to show that users have full confidence in WordPress.
- WordPress platform can accommodate small and large websites.
- WordPress websites are customisable so that you can get the look you want from thousands of free and paid themes that are available.
- WordPress users can access help and support from its massive community of users.
- People with small businesses who are operating on tight budgets can access WordPress and using it helps them to get on their feet while their businesses grows.
What's required to build a website at WordPress?
Choosing your blog domain name
The next step is choose your domain name (website name). Deciding a domain name can be challenging. A domain name is the website ‘name’ or the web address where users can visit your site, for example, http://www.myonlinescrawl.com.
A domain name with option for email address
Choose a domain with an option for you to choose an email address that uses your website address, for instance, firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t underestimate the power of an email address for your online presence.
TIP: Try not to use a personal email address because it’s not professional.
Purchase a domain name through a domain name registrar which has its own set of features. You need to identify a name that fits your niche. Once you have done that you do your payment to register your domain name for a set period.
Choose Brandable Domain
Choose a brandable domain name bearing in mind that you cannot change it once it goes LIVE. With the help of a trusted service provider, you quickly get started.
A shorter name is better for people to remember and to type into a browser. Once a domain is bought, you can’t change it later except the website names that can be changed.
BUILD YOUR WEBSITE WITH SITERUBIX
Below is a video to walk you through the SiteRubix website platform to show you how quickly and efficiently you can build a websiteB
A RECAP OF START A BLOG PROCESS